Thursday 20 March 2008

God’s riches at Christ’s expense

I've had a couple of lengthy car journeys earlier this week, listening to the album The Best of Stuart Townend Live as I drove. I kept hitting replay on this track: Lord I'm grateful (Grace). The full lyrics are here and, while it is a fairly boisterous song to have running through your head in Holy Week, the words offer a concise summary of the Good News of Easter:
Freely given, but bought with priceless blood,
My life was ransomed at Calvary.
There my Jesus gave everything He could

That I might live for eternity.

‘Cause it’s grace!
There’s nothing I can do
To make You love me more,
To make You love me less than You do.
And by faith
I’m standing on this Stone
Of Christ and Christ alone,
Your righteousness is all that I need,
‘Cause it’s grace!

No comments: